Unfortunately, time (and animals) worked many of the nails out, causing the boards to flop and the panel to bend. So, last week, I took some scrap metal cuttings and some heavy-duty screws and reinforced them....again.
|The metal pieces wrap around the panel wires and screw into the wood.|
I also overlaid it across the chicken wire to add extra durability there.
In addition to the metal side, I also added some pieces to the vertical post to help the structural integrity of the middle of the panels.
|The vertical pieces provide extra durability and visual aesthetic.|
|The eye hook pins making securing a breeze, and also make good hinges and locks|
for the door panel to the chicken yard.
So, this is finally complete. It's been a project I've dreaded, since I knew it would be tedious and very un-glamorous. However, I am thrilled it's done, and I can finally sigh a deep sigh of relief knowing that the panels are in top shape now. It does make moving them a lot easier, as the extra security makes the panels more stable during moving, and the pins make attaching them a lot faster.